Become a leader begins being an outstanding team member.


When I joined AIESEC I was studying my third year of engineering and I was really close to much technical stuff, however during my team member experience I have the chance of live three different, impactful and powerful moments.

I learned to sale, manage pressure and improve my personal speech. All this happened when I was coming back from my exchange and I decided to explore something where I was not felling really confortable; I took my out of my comfort zone. I could get in contact people from many countries, as China, India and Brazil, with my local projects about education and technology. Something important was the fact of networking through my sales activities, because at the end of this I realized that I was being part of other organizations because of my job with them.

I opened my horizons to one global region. In AIESEC we had the opportunity of join many teams and live several experiences, that’s why, once I was just checking the newsletter and I saw something really interest, “Financial Sustainability Task Force for Iberoamerica”, since I’m really passionate about sustainability I just decided to apply and challenge myself, and that´s how I made it. I learned about cross country management, understanding about many countries, how as organization we can manage finances and also how work virtually with people from 5 different countries. It was just incredible.

Final but not least, being part of a national board I had to deliver an innovation processes in marketing segmentation, where I could understand way more how we could approach the national market and also how it was connected with all organization. Something awesome was the opportunity to interact with experts in this topic and exchange knowledge, ideas and concepts. I still have many presentations recorded because I know in the future they will be really useful.

At the end, I could realize how these different experiences help me a lot!, nowadays I’m a professional in industrial engineering with an open perspective about how all organizations interact inside and outside of them, also a strong network around the world and definitely my leadership is so much more stronger and clear because of the way of how I learned to be a key team member in my life.

Comentarios

Léo ha dicho que…
Holaquetalseñorgato
It's a pleasure to follow your blog! Please, tell everyone else about that.
:)

Abrazo mrk
Esteban Navarro V. ha dicho que…
Hola leo!! gracias!

Entradas populares